April 19, 2011
Savvy Shopping, Smart Cooking: Eating Better at a Price You Can Afford
In the Kitchen and HeartMatters present this shopping & cooking class
Saturday May 7, 9 – 10 AM @ Briarpatch, then
10:30 – 12 noon at In the Kitchen
- Great legumes and beans and what to do with them.
- Where sugar hides!
- How to cook an artichoke and other less common vegetables.
- What is the best food for high energy?
- What is natural vs. organic food?
- What is quinoa and other less common grains?
- What is a superfood?
- What kinds of advertising language should make you cautious?
- Great menus from basic food buys.